The Performance squad program is run after school at multiple sites and gives students a high quality intensive training session that fits around their school commitments during term time.
Voyager’s Performance program provides the complete package covering all aspects of the game:
- On court squad/training sessions covering the 4 cals: Technical, Tactical, Psychological and Physical. These squads are delivered by Voyager’s top coaches and provide a high intensity training environment designed for players to achieve peak performance in tournament play.
- 4 x tennis parenting workshops per year to empower parents to nurture healthy psychological development.
- 8 x sports psychology sessions per year to provide players with tools and strategies to take advantage of their physical, technical, and tactical skills in practice and matches.
- 1 x yearly player planning session assessing a range of components for player success, such as scheduling tournament and match-play; a weekly training plan balancing squad training and private coaching amongst other areas.
- 1 x yearly physical screening, to prevent injury providing players with access to the same level of practitioners and high performance training equipment that an elite athlete would have in preparing for their sport or the next Olympics.
- 1 x Sports nutrition guide and 1 live workshop per year.
- U.S College Guidance (for Year 9 students and above) for those interested in the U.S College pathway to professional tennis.
- 2 x training/match shirts
This comprehensive program has been designed by Voyager’s experienced team to meet the needs of aspiring players, through a holistic approach to player development.
During specific school holidays, we run full day training camps with a focus on preparing our Voyagers with the tactical, psychological and physical needs for tournament play.
There are many benefits to our on-court training environment:
- A competitive peer group pushes players to their limits. Our world-class training environment includes many of Australia’s top ranked junior and senior players.
- Coaching from some of Australia’s best High performance Coaches many who have ex-tour professional experience and have coached some of the best juniors in the world.
- Learn and implement various tactical strategies throughout each session to enhance tournament performances.
- Increased physical fitness through the intense training environment and injury prevention focus to support players to stay in the game for the long-term.
- Increased mental toughness and strategies to use during competition.
In order to gain acceptance into the Performance squads, every player must be:
- Nationally ranked or meet the minimum standard requirements for the particular squad they are interested in attending
- Be willing to work very hard in the intense training environment in every session
- Be positive throughout each session as any unsportsmanlike conduct such as throwing racquets, will not be tolerated
- A team player, listen to their coaches and respect their peers
As this is an environment where everyone is striving to be their best, any player not meeting the behavior standards of these squads will not be invited back.
The new team at Voyager have created a welcoming friendly environment for my children to grow and develop their tennis skills. Voyager tennis caters for all levels of ability, with tailored programs delivered by experienced professional coaches, from Red Ball through to the High Performance programs, my children all come home with a big happy smile.
Parent at Seaforth
Aimee started with Voyager in 2018 when she was seven and half. She has progressed through several squads. Due to the large number of good players across all age groups within the Voyager Academy, each squad has been a strong group. A high intensity training standard is maintained in all squads by different coaches who always put 100% effort in. High quality training is what we get from Voyager.
Parent of Top 10 NSW Player, Pennant Hills
I enjoy training with Voyager, it’s something I look forward to every week. They have high performance coaches like Luke and my main coach Adam who help set goals and achieve them together. It is very fun and you get to play with some amazing players as well. Voyager is an awesome tennis academy and I thank them for supporting me through the years.
Top 10 NSW Player
We moved to Sydney from Singapore so Ethan could benefit from a program that integrated academics with elite sports training. In the five years we were there, we saw how well that worked. Ethan made huge progress in the sport and achieved his goal of obtaining a Division 1 college scholarship after his time at Voyager. He also won age group and Open titles in Australia and three ITF Junior singles titles. We found the programme’s schedule provided him with a good balance of sport, academic and sufficient rest for his young body. We are huge believers of the Voyager Tennis Academic’s holistic approach to long term development and will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
Parent of Graduate Elite Full Time Program
I thoroughly enjoy training everyday at Voyager. All coaches are very encouraging. Andrew and Luke have brought my game to another level and with their coaching expertise my UTR has gone from strength to strength. Not just on the court but off the court they are also great mentors. I’m grateful and thankful for the guidance and training I have received from the team at Voyager Tennis Academy.
Tennis Player #10 Australia
Since joining Voyager Daniel has improved his physical, strategic and mental game thanks to Luke, Andrew and the coaching team at voyager. They are passionate and dedicated about what they do which then motivates Daniel to train to his full potential. The training and facilities they offer is by far the best in Sydney, with an integrated academic and tennis program with McDonald College. We would highly recommend Voyager Tennis Academy to aspiring tennis players.
Parent of Daniel Jankoski #10 Australia
The coaches from Voyager are very professional, they help kids reach their dreams. Yann has been teaching Oscar since he was four, he is very experienced and has enthusiasm, Oscar is now pushed past his limits and that is exactly what we like to see. We are very happy with Oscar’s improvement throughout the years. For any other kids who love tennis and want to become a professional player, we strongly recommend Voyager – the best tennis school in Sydney.
Parent at Voyager Tennis Academy
We moved from India to Australia in 2020 with a goal to provide Maahi a better platform of education and tennis. The Mcdonalds College and Voyager Tennis Academy has been the best selection. It has been so very comfortable for Maahi to accept and adapt to the new place and surroundings. We felt very confident that Luke & his team would help Maahi achieve her big dream & goal.
Parent at Voyager Tennis Academy
I really enjoy the daily squads, training with my teammates and the great one on one coaching I get from my coach Luke. We work together on my strengths and more importantly the areas I need to develop. We have the best coaches and amazing facilities. I feel lucky and proud to represent my academy – The Blue Army!
Tennis Player #13 Australia
I love Voyager because it combines tennis with the school program. I get to play tennis everyday which makes me so happy. I love my coach, Yann – he’s been my coach since I was 4 years old. If you love playing tennis then this is the best academy to be at.
Tennis Player #1 Australia
My daughter Tongni and son Ryan have played tennis with Voyager since 2019 taking group lessons two or three times a week. Tongni progressed from red ball hot shots to the top 20 in NSW for her age group. Ryan started when he was four and within two years of coaching is now one of the youngest orange selective players. I would highly recommend Voyager to parents who want their children to start a tennis journey.
Parent at Ryde
If you’re serious about tennis and gaining access to Sydney’s most professional and holistic tennis academy, I would highly recommend Voyager. Voyager has a diversely talented team with a track record of success. I feel confident my two boys have access to the best possible resources and the team they need to maximise their tennis potential. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend juniors, parents or tennis enthusiasts to the amazing team at Voyager.
Parent at Ryde
The Voyager High Performance programs have provided my daughter Suri an environment where she can learn, develop and train among a like minded group of players. Thanks to the mentoring and squads provided by Voyager over the past two years she is now one of the top ranked juniors in Australia for her age group.
Parent of Suri Suchovsky #1 Australia