At Voyager Tennis Academy we have a number of quality programs on offer for International Students for short and long term stays.
The Voyager Tennis Academy programs have players visiting from many countries including China, Singapore, Japan, India, Canada, France and the United States as well as Australian tour professionals who join in when they are back home in Sydney between professional events. International players are always welcome and bring something special to every program they attend.
The most popular Voyager Tennis location that players attend from overseas is Sydney Olympic Park. Read more about all aspects of this site by visiting the Voyager Tennis Academy Sydney Olympic Park.
There are two education options for International Students depending on their age and duration of stay:
1. For those who are interested in a long term full time integrated education and tennis program we have created The Voyager McDonald College Program.
2. For short term stays, some international players bring their school books from their home country and study here when they are not participating in the program.
For student athletes who live outside of Australia there are a number of accommodation options to choose from.
- The McDonald College Academy Boarding House is now available for both boys and girls. The boarding house is situated on campus at The McDonald College, which is in close vicinity to our training base at the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre.
- For long term students, home-stays are a popular option, as it encourages a normal family environment and gives players a support group outside of the training program.
- Living with the family of a The McDonald College student who lives in Sydney can also be great option. Please contact us for more information.
- For short term accommodation options near the Sydney Olympic Park venue click HERE.
International Student Testimonials
What our Voyagers say about us.
We moved to Sydney from Singapore so Ethan could benefit from a program that integrated academics with elite sports training. In the five years we were there, we saw how well that worked. Ethan made huge progress in the sport and achieved his goal of obtaining a Division 1 college scholarship after his time at Voyager. He also won age group and Open titles in Australia and three ITF Junior singles titles. We found the programme’s schedule provided him with a good balance of sport, academic and sufficient rest for his young body. We are huge believers of the Voyager Tennis Academic’s holistic approach to long term development and will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
Parent of Graduate Elite Full Time Program
We moved from India to Australia in 2020 with a goal to provide Maahi a better platform of education and tennis. The Mcdonalds College and Voyager Tennis Academy has been the best selection. It has been so very comfortable for Maahi to accept and adapt to the new place and surroundings. We felt very confident that Luke & his team would help Maahi achieve her big dream & goal.
Parent at Voyager Tennis Academy